Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Valve ticking noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:51 PM
boatmoter@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have a 2000 neon, SOHC I took the engine out 2 yrs ago due to poor maintenance from previous owner.. oil light kept coming on, turned out the return hole in the block was plugged completely,had to use a 12 in. drill bit & drill to remove clog once dismantled... I installed a crank kit, rings,high volume oil pump, gaskets & head bolts, also removed valves from head one at a time and replaced valve seals, new timing components, ran great, but I hear 2-3 ticking valves now, have 13,000 miles on rebuild and still have the same ticking noise,no difference in sound, engine still runs great,I run full synthetic oil in it every oil change,tried 2 sets of rockers off newer neons that were totaled at the from salvage yard, same tick... no difference, tried marvel mystery oil, no difference, removed drive belts,no difference, any ideas before I decide to keep living with it?? also Im running solid mounts on it now, how much for all 4 OEM mounts from dealer?? anyone bought any of these??

Quick Reply: Valve ticking noise