Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Who's got it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 03:48 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's got it?

Okay, so I just ordered the mopar short throw shifter. Who's got this bad boy installed already? How is it? Anyways, I will have it by the end of the week, should be installed this weekend. YAY![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Soccerneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who's got it?

I do not have the mopar short throw, but i have installed a short shifter. Some times it scares me how fast i can put it in gear. The one thing i dont like about the short shifter is the diagonal shifts 2nd to 3rd only because there is little neutral room so it takes some practice. But i think you will like your short shifter.

Old 06-20-2004, 08:50 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who's got it?

It's frickin' great!!!! I put mine in my SRT-4 friday and it is a world of difference. Sharper, more positive shifts with way less throw and a really solid feel. It is an easy install as well, except the black clips that retain the shift cables in the bracket/housing. These things are a real *****. Bildo had a great suggestion that should get this done perfectly well and easy, use the claw end of a hammer to pry them out. My only negative comment about the Mopar STS is that it is a bit stiff, it should loosen up after a little use though. I believe that the SRT-4 STS and the other newer Neon STS's are the same, but the non-SRT-4 Neon's require the SRT-4's shift **** and shift boot.