Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

98 dodge neon need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 AM
abennett15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 dodge neon need help!!!

Hey guys, so my power steering belt went out on my neon, turns out the bearings on my a/c compressor pulley went bad and locked up. For now i took the pulley off bought a smaller belt to by-pass the a/c compressor becasue i need a quick fix for the car to run, i can replace the pulley later i have the bigger belt already as well. I replaced the belt and now the car wont start!!?? it turns over but i get nothing, i checked the timing belt, distributor, the car has gas, sprayed engine start in the air filter. I guess that just leaves either a fuel pump fuse, the fuel pump or spark plugs right??

Old 06-29-2011, 09:10 PM
DOHC_97

check fuel and spark and let us know from there

Old 06-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

what did u unplug or move removing a belt pulley wont stop a car from running and also I want to know how u check the distributor when the car does not have one.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Matix151
Rookie

g and also I want to know how u check the distributor when the car does not have one.[/quote]

Quick Reply: 98 dodge neon need help!!!