Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Electrical help

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 08:28 PM
rcarbal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical help

As far as my knowledge goes, I can do tune ups, brakes and axels, electrical system im clueless., no real know how
my neon is flickering when onand as I am driving they needles jump around and the lights and dashboard also flicker, The brake ,battery and asb lights go on, and while parked if I accelerate the light do get brighter.
Id like to hear peoples opinions on the problem, maybe its just a simple replacement of a part, or when I go to an electrician I might know the cause before hand.
Thank you ahead of time.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:17 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Electrical help

might be your battery goin bad.....or the alternator

Old 01-06-2007, 12:27 PM
neisg1
Veteran

Sounds like a bad battery to me. Check and clean the battery terminals, next step would be to measure the battery voltage or have it load tested. I had a similar problem, the battery had intermitent internal shorts that would pull the battery voltage down to 8-10 volts.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Beauff
Amateur

Alternater.
Thats what my 99 neon did soon your car won't start .You willalso need a battery too. That alternater is killing your battery as well.

Quick Reply: Electrical help