Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

i love neon

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
fullbuilt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i love neon

every now and then when i work on other cars, mainly the monster of a mistake the ford fucus,it reminds me of how easy and how much commen sense was used to make our cars. the fucus is filled with unnesacary partswhile the neon is simplicity

Old 01-21-2007, 04:04 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: i love neon

I would agree with you 100%...they are very easy to work on compared to Fords and especially GM's...I hate working on GM's and Fords because they seem to make everything intentionally difficult for the DIY mechanic.

Old 01-21-2007, 07:44 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have done so much work to my car that i can dowork on itwith a blindfold on....i dont think i could do that to any other car

about a week ago i had to change a powersteering belt in the dark......well actually i could gotten a drop light, but i wanted to see if i could do it.....no problem

Old 01-27-2007, 09:42 PM
tyler819
Veteran

Iwork at a service/repair shop and always get german cars comming in and they are very complicted compared to my neon. Its like the germans goal is to make everything opposite of the way american cars are made which makes them very hard to work on. Even a simple task of changing the oil is made hard because they locate the oil filter in a small *** area where you have to take appart stuff just to replace it lol. They even locate the gears in wierd places that takes me a few seconds to figure out, and even the door handles are placed in wierd places as well which makes it a struggle just to get out of the car, this is always the case with older volvos.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:21 AM
winsettz
Veteran

I have an Aerostar. Nuff said. You have to go in through the wheelwell to change spark plugs, or crawl under the vehicle (or hey, maybe even both!). The PCV is located way in the back of the engine, you have to push your hands into the dark corners of the engine's top to find the PCV and stuff. And I still can't find the EGR. Then there's the reliability issues I've had with it...too much to say with that.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:14 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like my Mopars. nice and easy for the most part. my friend asked me to look at their Audi cause i "know" a lot of about cars and my gosh. you cant even take out the spark plugs without a speciality tool and that ones from the 80s lol.

PS does anyone know why the Focus got sooo much praise for years and then just dropped off the map? did the magizines finally get a little bit smart?

Old 01-28-2007, 12:25 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

the american focus never got praise the euopean focus is hardcore

Quick Reply: i love neon