Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Dodge Nitro. leak leak leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:15 AM
candymancan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Nitro. leak leak leak

Is it common for these nitro's to leak oil, and transmission fluid ect ? I dont own one, but my neighbor has a year old nitro. I told him i see drop stains on his parking spot, and showed him and felt the transmission and my hand was coverd in pink fluid.

He took it to the dealership and they said it isnt leaking lol which is bs. His girlfriend bought a 2011 nitro 4 days ago and its leaking pink fluid all over the place...

Are these things just terrible vehicles or what ? I mean it cant be a coincidence that 2 Nitro's do it from the same neighbor..

I dont plan on buying this thing, I own a 5.9 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but seriously this seems like it should be some kind of recall if its widespread

Last edited by candymancan; 05-17-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:37 PM
greenmachine
All Star

I do not have any issues with mine, now has 21k. Sure its trans fluid? Coolant is pink trans is red. Just sayin'.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:34 PM
candymancan
Veteran

I know the diff and tranymission can be pink/red to whoever is see'ing it.. it was oil either transfercase or transmission... It isnt water like coolant.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:59 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont see many oil leak problem with Nitro. Only a few complaint where the Quick Lube place didn't clean the oil filter area.

I've seen Trans line pops out when it isn't clips in securely. But in general, newer chrysler vehicle are pretty good on fluid leak. Unlike the older cars.

But if it is bad enuff to drip on the floor, I an suprised ur dealership said nothing is leaking. He need to lift up the car and see for himself when he going to a shop.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:11 AM
candymancan
Veteran

He brought to the dealership and it was leaking from the transmission cooler and they fixed it supposedly, and aparently they also had to fix some hissing noise under the car. The a/c was dripping on the exhaust. However he went on vacation and 2 days ago i noticed a huge pool of ATF under his girlfriends Nitro...

I went down there to check it out and its dripping really fast and its coming from above the transmission pan somewhere i couldnt find it... the exhaust clutters the bottom of these things.

After the 2nd day the whole parking space from the middle of the vehicle to the front is coverd in ATF... I'd say a good 3 quarts have leaked out.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Hillfarmer
Amateur

I owned a '07 and it never leaked anything traded it a 27K for an '08 it now has 33K and has never leaked anything. A great little car!

Quick Reply: Dodge Nitro. leak leak leak