Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Replacing steering wheel radio controls

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:20 PM
bawittmeier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing steering wheel radio controls

First post here.

Looking for instructions on replacing radio controls on the steering wheel of a 2007 Dodge Nitro. My son has the new controls but not sure how to remove/replace the controls.

Dont want to set off the airbag - Not mama - the one in the vehicle

Old 01-31-2014, 10:57 PM
MGMx2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure the controls are actually bad and that it is not a fuse/wiring issue? If it is an actual button issue, then yes, you can set off the air bag, but note, you will need to have a code reader capable of clearing codes once you're done. Let me know some more information on the vehicle...engine size, trans type, sub model, and whether it is RWD, 4WD, or AWD. It can be simple, but know that if you do not LOCK THE STEERING WHEEL IN THE DEAD CENTER, you may damage the CLOCK SPRING, and in turn would cause the air bag to be off-timed meaning YOU COULD DIE in the event of an accident.

Just be sure you really want to get your hands on this, and if you aren't or haven't done much work around air bags, suck up the cost and go to somebody who knows what they're doing....i.e., a shop who can pay for a new steering wheel if it goes sour.

Quick Reply: Replacing steering wheel radio controls