Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

02 sensor's

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 02:13 PM
rmadd1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 sensor's

I have a code "P0038, H02S Bank 1 Sen 2 Heater Circuit High", My question; is this the front or rear sensor on bank 1? This is on my 07 Nitro 3.7 ltr. Thanks.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:12 PM
rmadd1
Question 02 Sensors, Up date

I have replaced all 4 of the 02 sensors on ,y 07 Nitro, put the CEL out, stayed off for about 5 minutes and came back on with the same (2) codes, P0038/P0038 P/d. If there is any help on this problem out there, it would be appreciated.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:06 AM
MGMx2
Default Electrical/Emission Issue

Considering you've replaced all of them and cleared the codes, you may have something additional electrical going on or emissions. If your comfortable with electrical, check the voltage coming to the sensor. Ensure that it's the right amount. If not, fix the short on the power side. Then check the voltage on the ground side and fix the short there if the readings are inaccurate. If everything checks out there, check the internal resistance of the two wires and make sure it's within spec. If everything checks out there, check the VD across the load (sensor). Make sure all voltage being supplied to that sensor is going to that sensor. That will clear up any possible bad resistance in the wiring. Considering you've replaced them and it still comes up, it sounds like it's not the part, but something in the wiring.

If all the wiring checks out, take it to an emissions shop and see if there's something going on that's causing that. You can get codes like that if there's issues in the combustion chamber, but usually you'll have an accompanying code of lean or rich....usually.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:44 PM
bradye6962

Make sure you use factory O2 sensors! Aftermarket don't work well.

Quick Reply: 02 sensor's