Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Problem with heat core

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 02:14 PM
BustaZz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with heat core

Hello mates,
Im from Bulgaria /Europe/ so before i started please accept apologizes for my english.
I have 2008 Dodge Nitro 2.8CRD before 5 years I was bоught it brand new.But now I have big problem with my warm.When i set it to Hot the air wich coming are lukewarm.Is someone can help me,where is Heat Core?

Thank You

Old 10-27-2015, 08:53 AM
clodus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, i have just now that problem at my Dodge nitro 2.8crd, you could tell mee what was your problem? How you fixed the problem.
Regards,
Claudiu.

Old 11-27-2016, 11:22 PM
LlamaDodge
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same problem with my 2008 Nitro.

The coolant tank is full. The hoses running to and from the heater core are hot. I flushed the heater core. I took off the blend door actuator and it seems to operate properly when I change the temp.

The next step I took was to manually turn the blend door gear. The air temp did not change. Then I took off the actuator that changes the air flow and the 3 gear pieces plus the large plastic plate behind it. Next, I manually turned the three gears that adjust blend door and air flow direction. This is where I get stumped. 2 or 3 times, I got hot air to come out of the defroster. I could not replicate that on demand. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to when I got heat. Most of the time, the air was cold or mild. No only can I not duplicate reliably to fix it, I have no idea how to align the gears that I took off to even put it all back together again.

So, I need help understanding my next step and I need a diagram detailing how to put gears back into proper alignment.

/sigh

Quick Reply: Problem with heat core