Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Help codes P0204 and P0304, 2007 Dodge Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:10 PM
casara13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help codes P0204 and P0304, 2007 Dodge Nitro

We have a 2007 Nitro. At first we where getting codes P0304 so replaced the plugs and cleared the codes. But the next day or today, now we are getting code P0304 and code P0204. I was told that it could be a bad coil, but that don't seem right to me. And on last stupid question. How are the cylinders numbed? Since it comes up as cylinder #4, which cylinder is that on? And one last thing is has gotten colder where we live could have anything to do with this? Thanks For Any Help.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:12 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by casara13
We have a 2007 Nitro. At first we where getting codes P0304 so replaced the plugs and cleared the codes. But the next day or today, now we are getting code P0304 and code P0204. I was told that it could be a bad coil, but that don't seem right to me. And on last stupid question. How are the cylinders numbed? Since it comes up as cylinder #4, which cylinder is that on? And one last thing is has gotten colder where we live could have anything to do with this? Thanks For Any Help.
Which engine is in your vehicle?

Old 12-11-2014, 10:34 AM
casara13

It would be the 3.7L< I drove it today and it ran good with no problem for about 10 miles the would start to miss for a little and run good and than start to miss again.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:04 PM
casara13

When I had time today I moved the coils around on the engine and cleared the codes again. drive it around for about an half hour, and all seemed good. stopped to get some thing and as soon as I started to drive it was missing and check engine light can back on. seem like it only starts to have problems when the engine is hot. I check the codes again and Injector #4 Ctrl Circuit is the only one. dose this mean a bad injector or something in the harness? and how should I check them to see if they are bad? I seen that they may be able to be check with a millimeter? how do you do this and what should the reading be?

Old 12-12-2014, 09:18 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

When I had time today I moved the coils around on the engine and cleared the codes again. drive it around for about an half hour, and all seemed good. stopped to get some thing and as soon as I started to drive it was missing and check engine light can back on. seem like it only starts to have problems when the engine is hot. I check the codes again and Injector #4 Ctrl Circuit is the only one. dose this mean a bad injector or something in the harness? and how should I check them to see if they are bad? I seen that they may be able to be check with a millimeter? how do you do this and what should the reading be?
Per the Service Manual, the possible causes for the P0204 are as follows. The diagnostic procedure is outlined in the manual.

(F342) ASD OUTPUT CIRCUIT
(K14) INJECTOR 4 CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
(K14) INJECTOR 4 CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
FUEL INJECTOR
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Old 12-12-2014, 11:17 AM
casara13

It ran good on the way home last night from work and I did not get time to check anything out but this morning I check the resistance on 5 of the 6 injectors. the sixth one I could not get to. but 4 of them the resistance was 13.1 to 14.1 ohms. and the one that was on cylinder 4 was 12.3 ohms. check the harness again for bad spots could not find anything but could not get to it behind the engine. than on my way to work today it started to act up again. Once I got to work I check the resistance on the injector on 4 and on it was 0.3 ohms resistance. compared to the other and it was the only one that dropped. left it sit and cool. as it cools down the resistance start to climb. I am going to replace the injector next. Will let you know what I find. Thanks again.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:37 PM
casara13

I changed the injector. A lot easier than I thought. But cleared codes and drove it around for awhile and with no problems. Think it is fixed. Will let you know if anything happens. Thanks again.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:31 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

I changed the injector. A lot easier than I thought. But cleared codes and drove it around for awhile and with no problems. Think it is fixed. Will let you know if anything happens. Thanks again.
Glad to hear issue resolved.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:54 AM
casara13

I have not had any problems since the injector was changed. I guess that was it. thanks again all.

Quick Reply: Help codes P0204 and P0304, 2007 Dodge Nitro