Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd doesn't disengage

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 09:43 AM
tinab92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd doesn't disengage

Problem that I may have resolved myself. For the past week when I use my 4wd and try to disengage it, the 4wd light goes off but it seems to remain in 4wd. Maybe it is because when I park it for the evening outside I leave it in 4wd. Would this prompt it to freeze? Eventually it does disengage. This a.m. I put it in reverse and backed it up a distance before I parked it. When I went out an hour later it seemed to be fine. I have on odd tire on my truck waiting for me to get 4 new ones this weekend. That shouldn't affect it, right? Should I bring it into my garage to check or, in another 2,000 miles I will bring it in for service then. I don't want to ruin anything nor do I want to lose my 4wd with all of the NE snow we are starting to get.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I know on a true 4x4 system, having an odd size tire will cause binding in the transfer case/driveline. That may be the cause of it.

Quick Reply: 2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd doesn't disengage