Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd doesn't disengage

Old 12-18-2014, 09:43 AM
tinab92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd doesn't disengage

Problem that I may have resolved myself. For the past week when I use my 4wd and try to disengage it, the 4wd light goes off but it seems to remain in 4wd. Maybe it is because when I park it for the evening outside I leave it in 4wd. Would this prompt it to freeze? Eventually it does disengage. This a.m. I put it in reverse and backed it up a distance before I parked it. When I went out an hour later it seemed to be fine. I have on odd tire on my truck waiting for me to get 4 new ones this weekend. That shouldn't affect it, right? Should I bring it into my garage to check or, in another 2,000 miles I will bring it in for service then. I don't want to ruin anything nor do I want to lose my 4wd with all of the NE snow we are starting to get.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I know on a true 4x4 system, having an odd size tire will cause binding in the transfer case/driveline. That may be the cause of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd doesn't disengage