Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

2008 Nitro hits bumps way to hard

Old 07-04-2015, 09:26 AM
mystic.the.sheperd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Nitro hits bumps way to hard

Hello My 2008 nitro recently started going over bumps way to hard as it goes over bumps you feel them hard especially in the back plus when you go over any bumps at over 30 if your steering is turned in any direction at all it will want to slide and sometimes does start to slide it has new tires put in 6 months ago and this started 3 weeks ago also 7 to 8 months ago squeeking noises started showing up when going over bumps i took while it was off and in park and pushed up and down both front and back and heard the noises then too didnt do anything else about it just turn the systm up so i dont hear the noises.
Any help will be greatly appriciated

Old 07-04-2015, 09:41 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Time to have a thorough inspection of the suspension components performed. If you are uncomfortable doing this, I suggest you take it to the dealer or a qualified automotive repair facility.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:34 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

mystic,

As jkeaton mentioned, I would definitely recommend having this diagnosed at an FCA dealership. Be sure to keep us posted on how you decide to proceed with this!

Old 07-09-2015, 09:23 PM
mystic.the.sheperd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I found I had both back springs broken I don't see how they both broke cause I don't put heavy loads in it but its running a lot better with the new springs so ill take it as that's what was wrong now ill have to take it back in cause its got a code now about wrong imobalizer key

Old 07-11-2015, 09:10 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, it takes a lot to break chromoly coil springs. Glad they found it. Dealer will have no problem with the CEL...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Nitro hits bumps way to hard