Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

2007 hesitates while shifting at 80km/hr

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Rockymountain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 hesitates while shifting at 80km/hr

Hi, So for 15 years plus I refused to wash the engine compartment of any vehicle I owned. I broke my own rule the other day and washed the engine on my nitro, from a safe distance. Afterwards it wouldn't run properly, sputtering away and jerky at red lights. I changed the spark plugs and it runs great now. Except now at around 80-90km/hr under general acceleration it sputters for a second. Any thoughts on what the problem might be. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:11 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockymountain
Hi, So for 15 years plus I refused to wash the engine compartment of any vehicle I owned. I broke my own rule the other day and washed the engine on my nitro, from a safe distance. Afterwards it wouldn't run properly, sputtering away and jerky at red lights. I changed the spark plugs and it runs great now. Except now at around 80-90km/hr under general acceleration it sputters for a second. Any thoughts on what the problem might be. Thanks.
Rockymountain,

Any number of components could have been affected by the water.
Quite likely some electrical components were exposed, possibly wiring or connectors.
Also, check the air filter and air box for any water.
Perform a visual inspection to see if anything is apparent, have it looked at by your dealer if you can't find anything.

Quick Reply: 2007 hesitates while shifting at 80km/hr