Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

2007 dodge nitro! need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:46 PM
jbunk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 dodge nitro! need help please!

Got in the truck yesterday and first it had trouble going from reverse to drive but after a few seconds clicked over and started to move. Drove fine and then on the way home i would stop at a light and when i would take off it would slip and struggle to move rev up and then jump into gear and go! As i was parking the engine light came on. I ran the codes and this is what i got P0944, P0868, P1790! Anyone have any suggestions or had this problem before? It really came out of no where and i like to find out as much as possible before i go speak to a mechanic! Thank you in advance for any help!

Old 12-01-2015, 03:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

First thing to do is google those codes and see what they mean.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:51 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Which engine does your Nitro have, jbunk?

Old 12-02-2015, 10:49 AM
jbunk

jack I am not sure of the engine type im clueless about cars I can however give you what the codes mean. I did look them up

Old 12-02-2015, 10:51 AM
jbunk

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Which engine does your Nitro have, jbunk?

3.7 L engine? does that sound right?

Old 12-02-2015, 10:55 AM
jbunk

loss of hydraulic pump prime, line pressure low, sensor circuit malfunction those are what the codes mean and all the information I have found on them!

Old 12-02-2015, 11:25 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Yes, the 3.7L engine was one of the engines offered for the 2007 Nitro. Below are the code definitions and what conditions set them off. I would recommend bringing your vehicle to a FCA dealership for a formal diagnosis/repair.

P0944-LOSS OF HYDRAULIC PUMP PRIME
If the transmission begins to slip in any forward gear, and the pressure switch or switches that should be closed for a given gear are open, a loss of prime test begins. All available elements (in 1st gear LR, 2/4 and OD, in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear 2/4 and OD) are turned on by the PCM to see if pump prime exists. The code is set if none of the pressure switches respond. The PCM will continue to run the loss of prime test until pump pressure returns. The vehicle will not move or the transmission will slip. Normal operation will continue if pump prime returns.

P0868-LINE PRESSURE LOW
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) continuously monitors Actual Line Pressure and compares it to Desired Line Pressure. If the Actual Line Pressure is more than 10 psi below Desired Line Pressure, this DTC will set.

P1790-FAULT IMMEDIATELY AFTER SHIFT
After a Gear Ratio Error DTC has already been set. The DTC is set if the fault happened within 1.3 seconds of a shift. The DTC set time will vary from 1.214 seconds to 15 seconds.

I hope this helps!

Old 12-02-2015, 12:02 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Check your fluid level and condition.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:00 PM
jbunk

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Yes, the 3.7L engine was one of the engines offered for the 2007 Nitro. Below are the code definitions and what conditions set them off. I would recommend bringing your vehicle to a FCA dealership for a formal diagnosis/repair.

P0944-LOSS OF HYDRAULIC PUMP PRIME
If the transmission begins to slip in any forward gear, and the pressure switch or switches that should be closed for a given gear are open, a loss of prime test begins. All available elements (in 1st gear LR, 2/4 and OD, in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear 2/4 and OD) are turned on by the PCM to see if pump prime exists. The code is set if none of the pressure switches respond. The PCM will continue to run the loss of prime test until pump pressure returns. The vehicle will not move or the transmission will slip. Normal operation will continue if pump prime returns.

P0868-LINE PRESSURE LOW
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) continuously monitors Actual Line Pressure and compares it to Desired Line Pressure. If the Actual Line Pressure is more than 10 psi below Desired Line Pressure, this DTC will set.

P1790-FAULT IMMEDIATELY AFTER SHIFT
After a Gear Ratio Error DTC has already been set. The DTC is set if the fault happened within 1.3 seconds of a shift. The DTC set time will vary from 1.214 seconds to 15 seconds.

I hope this helps!

I took it to a garage they said the fluid is low there is a leak in the trans cooler and the ac condenser os connected and full of dirt and yuck! And they need to replace both parts and a full service with new fluid and they said $1000. Does that seem correct on price seems a little high to me!

Old 12-03-2015, 10:18 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Regarding the price, jbunk, I'm not sure if you have your vehicle at a dealership or an independent garage. If it's at an independent garage, I wouldn't really know much at all about their pricing. With dealerships, it will vary from one dealer to another, as each of our dealerships are independent businesses.

Quick Reply: 2007 dodge nitro! need help please!