Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Spare Parts Car

Old 10-25-2016, 04:30 PM
Dan877
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spare Parts Car

My step-daughter has a 2008 Nitro that is in rather poor condition. Lots of stuff broken, inside and under the hood. One of the biggest problem with her car is all the electric windows have quit working. But there are lots of little things like interior trim pieces that are broken or missing, the starter sticks occasionally and keeps running after you release the key, stuff like that.

While driving around today she saw a wrecked Nitro in someone's back yard. She stopped at the house and asked if they knew much about it and if it was theirs were interested selling it. Turns out it is the same year model as her Nitro, has the same engine, same 2 wheel-drive, it's even the same color as hers. Going on photos she texted me, the front is wrecked, but the rest of the body seems in great condition. She says the interior is great too. The lady at the house says it belongs to her son who wrecked it then had it towed to their house and left it, saying one day he was going to repair it, but that was 3 or 4 years ago. She says if it was up to her she would give it to us just to get it out of her yard, but she is going to get in touch with the son and see what he would sell it for.

My question to the forum is, if you found a spare parts car like that, how much would you be willing to give for it? If the guy says $250 I'd buy it, but if he says more than maybe $500 I don't know if we would get that much in parts off it, especially not knowing if everything still works after sitting up for 4 years. What does everyone else think?

Also, her doors are all in bad shape, the interior trim on them are all torn or missing trim pieces, the front passenger door has a pretty good dent in it, and as I said all the electric windows have quit. I figure if the back doors on the wrecked car are in better shape it would be a fairly simple swap to replace them, but does anyone know if I can swap the front doors? Will them using a different fob to remote open foul up the security system and make the car undriveable?

Thanks for any thoughts
Dan

Search this Thread