Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

Nitro cranking but won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 AM
knmk24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro cranking but won't start

I purchased an 08 dodge nitro srt 3.7 three days ago from a private seller. It test drove fine and the day after I brought it home I drove it to work in the morning no problem. Drove it to the store after an 8hr day, no problem. Went to leave the store and it started acting up.
When I turned the key it kept cranking, but never really started. The key stayed in the starting position, so I was able to let go of it. It's like it was running, but it was running really rough and the entire car shook.
I turned it off, tried starting it a couple more times and on the third or fourth try it started up no problem. Got it home and checked the coil packs and plugs. One pack was missing a coil and the plug that went with it was corroded. I replaced both of them yesterday and added seafoam to the fuel, but the problem persists.
I spoke with the seller and he said he never had that problem (of course). There is of course no warranty and I spent $4,300 on it so I'm really hoping it's a cheap fix.
There is no CEL and the car runs fine when it drives. I plan on running a code reader on it later today.

Attached Thumbnails Nitro cranking but won't start-thumbnail_img_20170306_183906702.jpg