Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

code po148

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Titan12345
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry code po148

This code comes after I installed a blown #4 fuel line. From what I have understood, their is a differential high pressure in the fuel line, but I cannot figure out what it is. Anybody have this problem. Truck seems to run just fine. The part replaced was a Cummins part. No visible leaks near the new line. I thought maybe some junk in the filter, so replace it too.
Still the check engine light is on.
JB

Old 04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
12valveman
Professional

is the truck building fuel pressure for the injectors Monitor it with a scan tool? need to omonitor and see if truck is building the set fuel pressur e needed or desired by system. possible causes include a fuel lift pump issue, fuel filter pressure relief valve or possible injector issues need to find out if system is building fuel pressure to set point to go further

Old 04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Titan12345
Professional

Truck is finally starting to act up and I took it to Dodge, they did a ECM scan, nothing except the code 148. Now they are charging me $200 for a flow test. It appears to be an intermittant problem.
A fuel quality test was OK. I am afaid they will come back with one of the pumps bad, that will be costly. I cannot believe how a broken fuel line could lead to something more than just the fuel line. The mechanic said it might have damaged the pump the 15 minutes I drove it and ran out an 1/8 tank of fuel which ran it out of fuel. Once the truck finally ran out of fuel I never tried to start it, just called the flat bed to haul it into the shop. The truck only has 117,000 miles on it.
I don't know enough about it or can diagnose it. I hope the dealership is honest about it.
Frustrated!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Titan12345
Professional

Yesssss. it turns out the injector pick up tube was installed backwards by the tech that installed the new fuel line. If it is not in there correctly, it will act like you need a new lift pump. I am really happy to see that it was just a minor problem. But I learned that I could trust my Dodge Dealer because they noticed this simple fix and did not try to change out parts that mimicked this problem.
The flow test, not PSI test showed all good. This is really great news.....

Quick Reply: code po148