Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

P0148 - P0193 Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P0148 - P0193 Help Please

Definitely pressure, and they say timing too. I don't see how it does timing, it only plugs up to the Rail Pressure sensor and the MAP sensor. Now I am worried, between Triton and Parts / Service. How do I get these cleared with out getting busted. A $900 smarty is not in the buget just now.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:19 AM
triton
Record Breaker

it may already be too late. It's a price and risk you take using performance boxes. The codes should clear but, if you're having a problem ( like another toasted injector ) they may get suspicious.

Timing and pressure at the wrong times can be very damaging.... you know what happen with my truck. Both of those factors played a big part in that... along with my foot :-) It does it's timing through the MAP sensor. The rail pressure it to tell it when and how much fuel you need.

I don't mean to be scaring you as it may like Drew said, only be beause you had the harness connected without anything on it. I did the same thing the other day. I have my MP-8 harness installed and disonnected it's brain. The truck ran like ca ca until I reinstalled the box. I don't think our trucks like having harnesses in place without any info being sent to them.

I'd just go clear the codes and go from there. BTW... the smarty is $685, a little better than $900 :-)

Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

I've always wondered if my tripdog was detectable by the dealer. Is it? I guess it probably is because it messes with the checksum stuff. However, the technical support at bullydog said that the tripdog didn't physically modify anything so my warranty would still be good, just would have to talk to the manager if any talk of refusing to keep work under warranty arised. Any experiences or input?

Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres the thing. . .many times I have seen where some guys willgo in with some issue. . .may or may not have been related to a box or downloader. the service guy will ask, those that own up and be cool about it will usualy keep their warranty, but are forwarned about comeing back in with the same problem again. Those that say they havent, even though they have, will usualy have something bad happen to them.

it is always good to be on the good side of the service writer and dont **** them off. I found that out real quick when I worked in the service dept of a dealership. the guys that were cool and nice to talk to we generaly ran their vehicles through the car was and vacuumed it out at no charge, and still got it back to them in time. those that **** us off were left with some nice wet farts in the apulstry

Old 08-30-2007, 04:05 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

lol , i could do without the wet farts in my apulstry. My dad is friends with the old service manager at the stealer I go to, he usually cuts me pretty good deals when I buy parts, and gave me a new down pipe and labor to install it for free under warranty.( couple months back I kept yanking itout of the cat pipe, first time hehad heard of it, but no questions) He's a pretty cool guy, and hes got an '05 that I saw an altitude monitor in, so i think he'll help me out and overlook anything that could be questioned.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just from what you said. . .he'll be good to work with and will let alot slide. also helps that he's good friends with your pops.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:25 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

Hes a really, I guess humble would be the word, kind of guy. I really hate having to take up his time to tell him about my truck, and he always does it himself which makes my stomach turn over inside. I hate bothering people when they are busy because I know how it feels. Maybe I'm giving him a little relief by letting him get away from his desk for a while. I usually go there a couple times after school trying to get them to do work on my truck, but they tell me to come back in the morning ( ya, they are seriously dumb because I would of come in the morning if I didn't have school) After a couple of trips is when I'll talk to my dads friend, maybe that is why he always helps me. I hate going because they always turn me down, then when I talk to him and they fix it on the spot, I love and adore them for it. My truck is my baby!

Old 08-30-2007, 07:13 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Well I drove all day today and no more symptoms. After the 5th startup the CEL is gone. The codes are still there ( I checked when I got home this evening), but at least I didn't break anything. Quad says probably a bad connection at the Rail Pressure sensor. They recommend using dielectric grease on the connections. I don't think I am going to reinstall it, at least not for a while. The whole reason I put it back on to begin with is, ever since the dealerreplaced an injector I am down on power and my mileage is down as well. I guess I will just drive it like it is for now and see what happens. I still think I have one more suspect injector. BTW will disconnecting the batteries clear the codes?

Old 08-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Watermelon
Captain

Drop the truck off by the stand next week and I will clear the injectors out for you. I gotta go pick up 12,000lbs of pumpkins on the other side of Ashville. It will either blow or come clean. By the way Farm Days is this weekend up in Dacusville, are you gonna go and stare at all the kewl old tractors and sawmills? Im going Sunday after church with the wife and 4.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:44 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

We'll be camping Sunday,my boy Jeromeand I might just meet you there. I'll stop by the storeand see if I can understand your directions.

Quick Reply: P0148 - P0193 Help Please