Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

'99 CTD trans concerns

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:52 AM
hohner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 CTD trans concerns

Quick question here concerning my '99 ctd auto trans....when towing in overdrive everything works just fine except when I encounter a decent sized hill and it downshifts.....all the way down to 2nd! It bypasses drive and my rpms shoot way the hell up. when it upshifts (finally) into drive it's only there for a second or two them goes back to overdrive. The only time the trans spends any time in drive is when I turn off the OD in serious hills. Is there an easy fix? or is this typical for this year/model of auto? I've contemplated unhooking the batteries to get everything to reset and see if it helpsd...or do I need the trans re-flashed at the dealer? Please let me know your thoughts/ideas as I have a 600 mile trip coming up soon. Thanks!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: '99 CTD trans concerns

I would make sure your battery ground is good and not corroding. . .then I would check the trans wireing harness and make sure it is not rubbing on any hangers.

it sounds more like an electrical disturbance than a physical problem.

Quick Reply: '99 CTD trans concerns