Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

RC Truck...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 04:02 PM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Truck...

Hey guys, I think I am gonna sell my HPI Savage 4.6 . I bought it brand new, built it and broke in the engine, and that was about it. The truck is in like new condition and is very very nice. It is all stock accept Integy frame, Integy side bars, custom throttle and brake linkages, and a purple roll cage to match. Included will be everything pictured, rolling truck, engine, body (original body too), Plano box, one or more extra of every plastic part on the truck, glow starter, after run oil, lots of extra shock parts including 4 extra complete built shocks, building instructions/owners book, and the first set of wheels and tires too (same tires as pictured but different wheels). Let me know what ya'll think, if anybody wants to shoot me an offer feel free to do so.

Post some pics of you guys' stuff too!!

later-

Old 11-17-2007, 05:16 PM
speakle
All Star
Default RE: RC Truck...

I will give you $10.I am actually rebuilding one I had 15 years ago for my 6 year old right now. I used to love running that little buggy.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

I have been trying to sell my guitar forever... i dont know how the heck i can do it.. im sellin an amp guitar and a ton of extras for like 200 and no one is even tryin!.... my best advice for you is craigslist and ebay... i make no promises though...

Old 11-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

Put it on ebay. I had a Team Associated RC10GT that was the worst thing I have ever owned. I got it as a B-day present from my dad. $300 to start with, then I open it from the box put batteries and gas in it (pre-assembled), but I could not get the steering or the throttle servos to work. Checked and it was missing the receiver crystal. Called and emailed AE and they would not do anything about it. So after I bought that, Finally got it running, first time I took it out the front wheel nut came off causing me to lose the bearings. Then the next time I took it out, I let my little brother try it, he ran it into a stop sign breaking the front A-arm. Then the spacers came out of the driveshafts, could not find a replacement so I had to make my own, then pull start broke so I had to start it with my drill. All in all, I had about $250 dollars into it with only about 30 minutes of run time. So I said F this, put it on ebay, and got $180 for it with aftermarket rims and all four aftermarket a-arms.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:26 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I have an HPI Savage 21I bought several years ago. Sorry no pics. I put an Excursion body on it and wanted to do a diesel conversion on the engines, this was before I discovered ISB rams, somehow Ii guess diesel is just in your blood and the ram was a natural progression or something lol. It was fun for a little while but I put it away and seem to have forgotten about it. I would still like todo a diesel conversion on it if I ever get time some day maybe I will mess around with it.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM
savage.basher

I had a AE rc10gt as well, it was also crap. I raced it a dozen times or so, and have had all the same problems you had.... I bought steel lock nuts for the front spindles, mip CVDs (to replace the drive shafts), etc etc etc, I sold mine for $100 no radio here is an oldpic (before I got real crazy with it)....

Old 11-17-2007, 08:05 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Now your name makes totalsense to me savage, basher, duh,I wondered about that... It was either that or you just hate Michael Savage lol.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh dang. . .a pull starter model. . .mines electric(boogie woogie woogie)

Traxxas t-maxx w/ofna .21. . .thing will haul ****

Old 11-17-2007, 08:28 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Nice color but its only a 1500? Even lilfroger wouldnt drive a 1500 hehehe

Old 11-17-2007, 08:43 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker