Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Read if your 6.7L didn't come with exhaust brake from factory.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Read if your 6.7L didn't come with exhaust brake from factory.

ORIGINAL: Kev_n_AZ

Parts /Service - Dave...

thank you for this post.I was talking to my Dodge service guy here in Phoenix and he just had a new 6.7 roll through needing the harness. I relayed the info you had here and he willrefernce it in the new accessories catalog. I also mentioned that the wire color code is incorect.
Tell hime to call me if he needs the correct wiring info. I have it on file at the shop. I know that it works.....

Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 PM
mileshuff
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Read if your 6.7L didn't come with exhaust brake from factory.

I dont know how you can buy a 6.7L without the EB. It is not an option. It's listed as standard equipment. Perhaps it's an option on cab/chassis or some other version?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:24 AM
slvrcld

Don't suppose anyone has a part # for this kit? The local dealer is pretty much clueless....

Thanks
Jason

Old 10-26-2008, 10:40 AM
chouseal
Veteran

These manufacturers would sell seats and steering wheels as separate add-ons if they could get away with it.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:41 PM
zbousquet

Originally Posted by Parts/Service
There are many 6.7L's without this feature, We installed the "kit" on a 6.7 last Friday. I didn't know this until I was flipping through a new accessories catalog. Did discover upon installing the kit that the wire color instructions are incorrect, but I know the correct wire colors to use so all is well. If someone buys a kit, PM me and I will get you the correct instructions. I tried to get Dodge to correct the instructions, but they told me that they had not had any other complaints about this issue and didn't really want to discuss it.
Hey, I bought a kit from dodge and hooked everything up except the 2 wires under the hood, having trouble figuring out were they go, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 05-24-2021, 10:51 AM
07c&c

Originally Posted by Parts/Service
Found out some news a few days ago about 6.7L CTD's that did not leave the factory with sales code "NEN" diesel exhaust installed. Turns out that all 6.7L CTD turbos just need to have a wiring harness and a switch added for the exhaust brake to work. You have to buy an "exhaust brake activation kit". Comes with the on/of switch, wiring harness and the trim bezel to mount the switch in the factory location. You do have to have the dealer "activate" the exhaust brake with the STAR Scanafter you install the kit. Let me know if you need more info, just thought I would share.......
Im currently up ****s creek. I have no diea where the 2 wires under the hood goes i cant find ay wiring diagrams.

Old 05-24-2021, 04:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Originally Posted by 07c&c
Im currently up ****s creek. I have no diea where the 2 wires under the hood goes i cant find ay wiring diagrams.
Try here.

Quick Reply: Read if your 6.7L didn't come with exhaust brake from factory.