Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

So, anybody here run a hotrod 1st Gen CTD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
BC847
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, anybody here run a hotrod 1st Gen CTD?

I'm sitting around the house, bored stupid. . . . . . [sm=icon_blah.gif]

My heap's recently taken to presenting with the common antifreeze leak right there between the head and block, at the thermostat housing. If I'm gonna pull it, I'm gonna go ahead and work it over while I have it off (O-rings, multi-cut valves and seats, porting, etc). My biggest problem with it all is the few machine shops locally who've even heard of o-ringing a head can't get to it for months. That means shipping charges for a 180# head if I choose to farm it out of town. [sm=violin.gif]

Anyhoot, any 1st Gen CTD's upsetting ricers round these parts?[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 01-01-2008, 09:06 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Default RE: So, anybody here run a hotrod 1st Gen CTD?

YUP!...right here!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chris. . .your a 2nd gen. . .the only other 1st gen that is around here is Kevin. . .I think his pump is tweaked a bit.

so which model do you have, with or without IC???

Old 01-01-2008, 09:42 PM
BC847
Rookie

I'm not 100% sure why I'm fretting over the head-work as if I'm that bored, I've got the parts on-hand to replace the clicking front axle universal joints. [sm=headbang.gif]

I'm still quite new to this forum, but to let you folks know me better: That "Slippery Slope" that we all refer to when it comes to bombing the CTD? . . . . . . . I'm coming up on half way down, crouched down and running stupid fast. In my mind, I'm thinking of the Olympic skier coming down the ramp fixing to spectacularly wipe-out . . . . . . . Aw jeez.

I've done about all the "Bolt-On" crap there is to do. It's time to go in and grind on it a bit.

Thus far I've whittled it down to 8.81 in the 8th at 75 or so. 60' marks of 1.85.

While I whine above, I DO enjoy it when . . . . . .

Jr, driving his Dad's late model Suburban, his girlfriend in the front seat, his buddies in the back, pull up to the stop light next to the old diesel pickup.

- You can hear cackling from the backseat "Do you see the ladder-bars on that old truck? Buhaw-haw-haw!!!"
- The driver says "Stupid old man, . . . . . Y'all watch this" ... ..

As the other traffic lights go yellow, the driver revs his engine. You can just make out the girlfriend uselessly pleading "Crap! Will you grow up?!".

Oddly, with Jr reving his mess, combined with all the noise of the night, .. .. . . . there's this strange sound .. . . . . . building . . . . . sounds like a . . ... a . . .. . jet? Just as the light goes green, you hear from the backseat "What the hell?"

BC giggles like a little girl. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 01-01-2008, 09:51 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

haha holy **** i didnt even realize he had posted 1ST GEN! haha my bad...woops...no enough sleep i guess!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:53 PM
BC847
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Drew

so which model do you have, with or without IC???
Mine's the last of the 1st Gen CTD's. After-cooled four wheel drive clubcab with an automatic.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

I have a 93 ctd ex cab (club cab..what have ya) . the fi pump is "new" and turned up.

I have recently lost the "kick down" on the peddle

everything else is perty stock.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Bah!!Hahaha!! now that there is funny prolly sounds like a big rig + a fighter jet and a beater body to boot bet GF was real impressed with jr []huhahaha!!

quote:

Jr, driving his Dad's late model Suburban, his girlfriend in the front seat, his buddies in the back, pull up to the stop light next to the old diesel pickup.

- You can hear cackling from the backseat "Do you see the ladder-bars on that old truck? Buhaw-haw-haw!!!"
- The driver says "Stupid old man, . . . . . Y'all watch this" ... ..

As the other traffic lights go yellow, the driver revs his engine. You can just make out the girlfriend uselessly pleading "Crap! Will you grow up?!".

Oddly, with Jr reving his mess, combined with all the noise of the night, .. .. . . . there's this strange sound .. . . . . . building . . . . . sounds like a . . ... a . . .. . jet? Just as the light goes green, you hear from the backseat "What the hell?"

Old 01-02-2008, 12:12 AM
BC847
Rookie

No big-rig thunder from my heap. I confess I might sand-bag a little.

While I run a full 4" turbo back exhaust, it also includes a very large, high flowing baffled muffler followed by a 4" resonator. As quiet if not quieter than stock yet very open to flow. Outwardly, the engine mechanical sounds are the more prominent.

I do however have a wide-open 100% cold air intake filter housing I built that amounts to a big funnel for the turbo sounds ~

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...tockPotCAB.jpg

I'm told it screams.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:38 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

Now that is one sweet fab job very good work there! Maybe if you get real bored you can focus some of that attention on the beat up body and make a nice truck out of it?I know, I know it's a work truck it ain't supposed to be pretty but that's an a-1 job right thereon the BHAF intake. Prolly if it didn't look like a beater jr would have some excuse handy too

Quick Reply: So, anybody here run a hotrod 1st Gen CTD?