Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7 chip available yet ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
learn2launch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.7 chip available yet ??

I have a new 08, 6.7 and want better mileage. What direction should I go to accomplish this? I mainly drive back and forth to work which is only about 5 miles each way. On the weekends I hookup to my 5th wheel and head to the coast with quads 110 miles round trip. A couple of big hills on the way but i'm happy with the power of my diesel, but not the mileage.

thanks

Grant

Old 01-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Joel_MD
Captain
Default RE: 6.7 chip available yet ??

I have the Edge Juice w/Attitude, but it doesn't seem to improve fuel economy. I tried it for a few tanks of fuel and my MPG went down a little. Now I normally keep the Juice set to zero, which is stock.

I'm sure your 35" Toyos look cool, but if they're wider than the stock tires then they areprobably making your mileage a little worse.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:51 AM
learn2launch

Edge with Juice eh? If it didn't help you get better mileage, it must have given you a bunch more power? I think you are right, the 33" Toyo's ARE wider and might be squashing my mileage.

Grant

Old 01-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not only that but your short trips are also going to be killing your mileage. if your engine doesnt hit operating temps then it is not running as efficiently as it can.

anyway, about your question. . .I know there is an edge box. . .bully dog has a downloader for it. . .and I know Marco of Mads electronics(smarty) has a programmer for the 6.7L on the way.

Quick Reply: 6.7 chip available yet ??