Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Tire Pressure Monitor Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:24 PM
cmharcou
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tire Pressure Monitor Light

we also have nissan pathfinder and that light is pretty much been on since we have had it. Manual says only way to reset it is to take it to the dealer. I put the spare tire on and it doesn't even have a sensor. The nearest dealer is 50 miles away. I am going with the black tape method.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Az2500Cummins08

Maybe they did damage one. IDK. I aired my tires to the max cold PSI on the tire sidewall on saturday, and it is still on. I just checked my pressure and it is still 50 psi. The stock tires I think take 80 Psi, I am not inflating my new tires to that.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
12valveman
Professional

hey dirty dodge nothing you can do to pull any fuse to make it go away. it is part of your skim or your key reciever and is just built into the whole truck no way to get rid of it like i said earlier thanks to your local ford dealer for that with their whole explorer thing but sorry no way to disarm that i have found.
and AZ i am not sure but i think you can change the threshold a little but i do not believe that with the diesel motor in your truck that you can set the threshold down that low. i will check if ya want me to but i dont think it will work you will have to live with the light then because you can only be appx 4-5 psi from the door pillar spec or the light will illuminate. but i think stock low side psi rating for a 089 is 60 front and 50 rear not for sure will have to check a door pillar to find out

Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Az2500Cummins08

This is stupid ****. Manufacturers know we are gonna make modifications to our trucks, yet the design these things so when we do mod them, there is something in the way to annoy the **** out of us. What they need to do is stop hiring these college educated weiners they have working for them, and hire logical consumer minded people like us, with the aftermarket in mind. I have a problem with my stereo, it is changing stations rapidly at random, I can hear satan. So I am going to take it in to get it replaced, I will address my tire monitoring system while I am at it.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 PM
justviper1
Veteran

maybe parts/service would have some advise for what to do. maybe he will see this post or someone could pm him. if it was me i would probably just pull out the bulb if you can. i hate the tps on the new cars they are a pain in the a$$! when you are mounting tires, they break really easy! when they do break they are pretty expensive to replace also! im thinking that the dealerships DRB should be able to tell you if a sensor is bad or if it is a tire pressure issue, but im not 100 percent sure. it is stupid stuff like this that makes me glad that i have an 01 with only 62,000 miles sitting in the garage that doesn't have all of the bs electronic crap on it.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

All of this makes me appreciate my 01 that much more. I'm still thinking about buying 2 or 3 of them used at a good price and storing them so when this one wears out, I don't have to put up with crap like this. Who knows what they will have in the trucks in 10+ years.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:55 PM
ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: Az2500Cummins08

This is stupid ****. Manufacturers know we are gonna make modifications to our trucks, yet the design these things so when we do mod them, there is something in the way to annoy the **** out of us. What they need to do is stop hiring these college educated weiners they have working for them, and hire logical consumer minded people like us, with the aftermarket in mind. I have a problem with my stereo, it is changing stations rapidly at random, I can hear satan. So I am going to take it in to get it replaced, I will address my tire monitoring system while I am at it.

Don't blame the manufacturers,, it was our Govt that mandated this. [:@] I found this excerpt for you:

This year, April 1 is not merely a day for foolish pranks. It's also the first day of the second quarter, which means certain provisions of the Transportation Recall, Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation (TREAD) Act go into effect tomorrow.

Never heard of the TREAD Act? It's a new U.S. law that legislators said was prompted by the slow pace of Bridgestone/Firestone's recall of 6.5 million tires used primarily on Ford Explorer vehicles, and the deaths of more than 100 people in accidents blamed on the failure of those tires. But the TREAD Act includes numerous additional provisions that involve everything from tire pressure sensors to child restraint seats.

It is a sweeping piece of legislation that requires large manufacturers to report a wide variety of warranty, customer service, and legal data to the federal government, in the hopes that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's data analysis tools will allow it to detect patterns in the data that point to a safety defect of some kind.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:48 AM
justviper1
Veteran

wow sounds like the government just trying to have a say so in one more thing. how about people quit being so lazy and check their own tire pressures instead of this expensive electronic crap.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
12valveman
Professional

that is the problem there no one does everyone wants a vehicle that they just jump in turn the key and go why do you think so many vehicles have 100 thousand mile major service intervals and all the warning devices to take the thinking out of it then the people that dont want the added warning crap that causes problems are stuck with it. just to let ya know most sensors for the tires are about 80-100 dollars at this point and the life expectancy is about the 100 thousand mile mark so like buying another set of tires for your car per wheel cost that was , to keep your tpm working oh did i say thanks again ford and who ever wanted to start and madate this crap that we have for the tires

Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Az2500Cummins08

ORIGINAL: justviper1

wow sounds like the government just trying to have a say so in one more thing. how about people quit being so lazy and check their own tire pressures instead of this expensive electronic crap.
Because our country is fat and lazy. My wife wont was her own truck. She bitches at me, takes hers to the car wash, which doesnt do ****, and sits on her *** and plays Wii all day, and talks to her mother on the phone. She bought these valve stem tire pressure monitors deals about 2 months ago, and I have never seen her check them.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitor Light