Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

homeade dpf

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
firemedic740
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default homeade dpf

Well after trying to figure out how to eliminate the regen mode of my homeade dpf delete, i gave up. The truck overhead has been in the 13-14 mpg range since I have done the delete. Anyway I took a long highway trip and it went into regen mode, I literally watch the overhead drop .6 mpg in a half hour. The crazy thing is if im in the pedal blowing smoke no regen, if im playing conservative with no smoke- regen all the time.

I let my tech friend borrow the truck for 2 days to figure out how to turn off the regen mode. Remember the neighbors son(engineer for cummins) says the techs can turn it off with the star scan tool at the dealership. Well he said he went through the scan tool and he can't do it. So i am just said screw it and ordered the h & s turbo back kit. It doesn't cause regens. Oh and by the way the truck was throwing a p244a code for low differential pressure. It never came up while driving.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: homeade dpf

Must not be seeing enough restriction between the two inputs of the pressure sensor. You could try to restrict that section of pipe down. Or leave the outlet side unattatched and see if that creats enough ∆T to fool the ecm.

Quick Reply: homeade dpf