Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Does EZ pass know if you're a class 2 ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does EZ pass know if you're a class 2 ??

I haven't gotten an EZ pass solely for the reason that I believe that they take jobs away from people who need them ( toll takers ). I don't mind waiting no matter how long as long as I know that I'm keeping food on someones table.

That was ... until last week ...

The last few times that I've gone over the bridge, the toll taker wanted to see my registration to figure out how much to charge me. I told them tha I didn't have it. They get all in a huff, and charge me the regular price, but it's a PITA. Now I'm thinking about getting an EZ pass just to save the new agg that I face whenI cross a bridge.

Does EZ pass know?

How does it know how much to charge you if you're towing a trailer?

Old 05-21-2008, 04:34 PM
cumminalong
Default RE: Does EZ pass know if you're a class 2 ??

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I haven't gotten an EZ pass solely for the reason that I believe that they take jobs away from people who need them ( toll takers ). I don't mind waiting no matter how long as long as I know that I'm keeping food on someones table.

That was ... until last week ...

The last few times that I've gone over the bridge, the toll taker wanted to see my registration to figure out how much to charge me. I told them tha I didn't have it. They get all in a huff, and charge me the regular price, but it's a PITA. Now I'm thinking about getting an EZ pass just to save the new agg that I face whenI cross a bridge.

Does EZ pass know?

How does it know how much to charge you if you're towing a trailer?
It doesn't know.

When you get it, you register for the vehicle class you are using.

If you aren't registered with a trailer, then you are suppossed to use the toll lane.

Otherwise........you be a criminal.....a thief......a drain to society.....a common miscreant......a bad role model to your chidrn'!!!

.......even though the original intent for the tolls was to pay for the original construction of the road itself, which has been done 30 times over.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
agargano98
Veteran

my ez-pass is not the standard white one, it is blue and has a sticker on it that says "pickup, single rear wheel over 7000 pounds" and when i go through the tolls with a trailer my statment reflects having the extra axles.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:50 PM
RamItOne

phock toll roads and screw toll booth operators, if you're that stupid that that's the only job skill you can manage then I'd rather you be unemployed and use my tax dollars instead of wasting time holding up traffic cause you can't count.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

It doesn't know.
I was just looking at the form that yo have to fill out. It doesn't ask for a class rating, however it DOES ask for the tag number. Will it run my tag number and figure out that I'm a class 2?

Old 05-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

naaa. . .the toll workers are the ones that couldnt hack it flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:08 PM
sabersix

ORIGINAL: agargano98

my ez-pass is not the standard white one, it is blue and has a sticker on it that says "pickup, single rear wheel over 7000 pounds" and when i go through the tolls with a trailer my statment reflects having the extra axles.
Uh oh... [&:]

When I ordered m EZ-Pass online, there was no option for pickup over 7000, just under 7000 so I chose that option and now have a white transponder on my truck. How did you get the blue transponder???

Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

phock toll roads and screw toll booth operators, if you're that stupid that that's the only job skill you can manage then I'd rather you be unemployed and use my tax dollars instead of wasting time holding up traffic cause you can't count.
I hear what you are saying, however I dissagree

Not everyone is as smart as you are, yet everyone DOES have to eat. I'd rather see someone trying to EARN a living rather than have then sitting idley while I'M paying to feed them.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:17 PM
RamItOne

Mayfair I don't expect people to be at my level, sure there's always gonna be someone smarter and dumber than myself.
But look at it this way think about how much gas is wasted by all the people sitting in line waiting to go through the person operated toll booth vs cruising on through. Hell just the fuel wasted trying to get back up to speed costs a lot. That toll booth operator costs drivers far more than they make.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:19 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

see our's is called 'good to go' and the price is done based on # of axels also. Ours has the fandangled sensors so you get an extra charge w/ a trailer -

Can I pull a trailer using Good To Go!?

A: Yes. Customers can pull a trailer using Good To Go!. There are sensors built in the road that detect additional axles. Additional axles toll charges may apply, but will bill automatically to the prepaid Good To Go! account.

looks like ever location works it a little different ~ off to you're local site Mayfair...you're gonna have to find you're own answer

Quick Reply: Does EZ pass know if you're a class 2 ??