Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

FASS/VP44 Install, won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:02 PM
justviper1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are running a programmer then your best bet would have been to have gone with the 150. The 95 may not push enough fuel for what your truck will call for with the edge turned up all the way.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Mayfair
Legend

Unless he's HEAVILY tuned, he'll be fine with the 95

Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
bloomer89

Thanks for all the replies guys.
I had the stock lift pump replaced by a pusher in the tank, which was then replaced by the FASS. All the lines have been replaced, with the stock lines being removed. I am just using the Edge electronic fuel pressure gauge that is provided in the juice w/ attitude.

I found my issue. It appears I had shut my brain off for a few days! Turns out my suction tube in the tank isn't deep enough so at 1/4 of a tank of fuel left, when the fuel sloshed around, the suction would sometimes not be submerged. Thus, no fuel pressure. That really worried me, considering I just spent 2k on new vp and fass + the install. I didn't really feel like frying a couple brand new pumps.

I filled the tank to full and voila, I am getting 17 psi at idle and 13 WOT. When the tank gets a bit lighter, I will drop it and lower the suction tube.

Now that I have my truck running really well, I have been curious about toying with the Edge. I am currently only running it on 3-1, and have only ventured into the 5 once to test throttle response. With a stock tranny, how much damage will driving in 5 do if I stay out of the peddle. More realistically though, if I mash it every now and then, how much damage will it do? I'd love to be able to have a bit of fun with it, but not if it means replacing the transmission soon.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I had a feeling that it was a pick up tube or something like that. That's why I asked if the stock fuel pump had been replaced. Glad to hear that that's all it is.

As far as the Edge goes, well, ya kinda know the answer. I run mine at no higher than 3-4, usually at 2-4. The tranny IS the weakest link in the chain for sure

Old 09-13-2008, 02:31 PM
justviper1
Veteran

I run my adrenaline on high which is 180hp. (More than the edge) So far so good with mine. It is only a matter of time though.

Quick Reply: FASS/VP44 Install, won't start