Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Loss of main power. Odd electrical

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 04:46 PM
living_4kicks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of main power. Odd electrical

I have 06 cummins 2500. Driving through town one day and everything just died. I was able to get to the side of the road and started the truck again. Fired up no problems. The check engine light was on. I drove to the shop and the code read "loss In power". Cleared the code and went back to driving. Drove ten hours that day didn't have any problems. It's been a couple months now I'm having a issue with my stock radio not turning on. ( sometimes turn the truck off and on again and it may come back on). The check engine light came on one day after I pulled a battery for a different truck and the code read "intermiate power". Weird things have been happening like dash lights will blink on and off ( brake, abs mostly). Not really sure where to even start looking for the problem. I have had so much work done to the the power train that I'm tired of fixing the truck every year. Any ideas?

Old 02-25-2015, 07:32 PM
p38251
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check grounds

Old 02-26-2015, 12:47 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove your batteries and get both of them load tested. Check all of your grounds.

But it kinda sounds like a TIPM issue.

Quick Reply: Loss of main power. Odd electrical