Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Tuner for 01 24v

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:48 PM
marcar1993
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuner for 01 24v

I'm sure this has been covered about 1000 times minimum, but I'm looking for current opinions.
I've got a stock 01 24v ho 6 speed, it has a 4" banks monster exhaust and that's it (to the best of my knowledge).
I want something that will not hurt the truck. I know all about the ve pump problems, and that brings me to my next point, I'm looking for something with boost, egt, and fuel psi gauges built in preferably, if not, I will install them before running a tuner. I want something that is on the fly too. I like the smarty from what I've read, but I do not believe any of them are on the fly. I'm leaning towards an edge juice w/ attitude, but I'm open to all suggestions.

Let me know please, thanks!

Old 02-17-2015, 11:47 PM
horatio102
Champion

VE pumps were in the first gens, you've got a VP.

I'd go with exactly what you said, the Edge setup. A buddy has it in his '00 non-HO and it works great.

I'm not all that familiar with what the Edge comes with, but definitely make sure your fuel pressure is good.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Jigabop
Champion

get yourself a 95gph or better lift pump (do not get one made by pureflow. they are garbage these days and will fail rather quickly)

0-30psi fuel pressure gauge is mandatory on any VP44 truck stock or tuned. Get one.

and finally: edge juice with attitude or CTS..

quadzilla stepped out of the game years ago. They used to be top dog with the adrenaline w/pulse. however since they are no longer around edge is your only option to have gauges built in with the tuner and tune on the fly.

and no a smarty does not do tune on the fly. smarty is a programmer. Edge is a module that plugs into the datalink port under the hood and wire taps the injection pump.

Quick Reply: Tuner for 01 24v