Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

v10 to 12valve-v10 is out

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
FRUSTRATED T/A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile v10 to 12valve-v10 is out

im selling the v10 out of my 94 dodge 2500 auto. Nothing wrong with it or the tranny, tranny only has 10k miles on it. Im switching for the better milage and ease of working on it.
v10 is out and being sold here in a few days.

My question is what do i need to keep.

Im looking for a detailed list no oh it will fit.

Are the starters the same and will swap.
how about the fan, throttel cable bracket all the littel things is what i need to know.

I dont want to be running through the junk later looking for stupid littel stuff as we all know their arent any v10 or cummins in the yards anyhow.

ive looked for info but all i get every time is yes it will bolt in, i know this what about the fine details. If anybody has a really good link that would help as i need to know before i dont have any of this stuff anymore.

Thanks

Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 PM
st2pd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The starter and throttle linkage will not fit. I am not sure that the trans will work either. The torque converter may be different and the trans may be geared differently due to the short powerband of the diesel. Make sure you get the trans adaptor plate, starter, flexplate, injection pump, transfer pump, fuel lines, fuel tank module, fuel heater and filter housing, shut down solenoid and wiring, heater grid and relay with wiring, battery trays, battery cables, all throttle linkages including the trans throttle pressure cable, and you will be going to the scrap yard regardless for the little stuff. Not a real easy swap but it can be done.