Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A/C only works on one side???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:32 PM
IcePrincess
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 03 Durango, I was told it was in the dash, for me the driver side, heater box wasn't closing to allow a/c on left side. I googled 'heater box' and seems unheard of! But it's at the shop being replaced! Cold air blew thru all other vents but mine, the heat from my vent made a/c from all other useless!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 PM
bikerick

Believe it or not, your low on freon. Had the same problem

Old 08-26-2010, 11:59 AM
12valveman
Professional

bikerick is right have seen this issue alot on the new pickups with how the air is distributed that gives the cold only on drivers side

Old 08-31-2010, 11:10 PM
RedStrapperRacing
Amateur
Default Done deal

Originally Posted by anvilpounder
I have same issue with my 05. you need to recharge your system. you have a leak somewhere.
anvilpounder & bikerick were dead on correct- thanks guys, been along time since I messed with A/C.... had to knock the dust off.
Finally caught a break between dirt bike & quad builds and got my A/C equipment out (figured I'd save some cash and just do it myself). I had lost some pressure. Recharged the system to the correct specs and have A/C rollin cold on both sides again. Been about a month now still good to go, no worries.
Think it had everything to do with how Dodge A/C set up flows left to right vice top to bottom.

*Wasn't the blend doors you can check those by removing portion of the passenger side front panel and watching the actuators move the doors while a buddy rotates the selector **** through the different settings.
I have seen some guys have the plastic blend doors break though and there is a company that can make you metal replacement ones - it's mentioned somewhere on this forum.

Old 07-04-2015, 12:17 PM
tasen91
Default after getting a re-charge your passanger A/C worKS again?

Originally Posted by bikerick
Believe it or not, your low on freon. Had the same problem
-I've read so many things about replacing doors & heater cores & expensive invasive reapirs. I considered just having my coolant flushed & recharged So when I read your post I'm hoping that I'm understanding you correctly. So if my drivers side vents blow cold but not the passanger, a recharge should remedy the issue..?

Old 07-04-2015, 01:40 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!! Last post is from 5 years ago.

But yeah, recharge system, if it was just low it'll fix it. If it don't then you have a busted blend door...

Old 07-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Greasy24
Veteran

I had a 2003 Ram, almost all of my Hvac doors and actuators where broke. I went to the dealership and bought all the stock replacements, fixed every single problem i had. I did it myself took about 6 hrs and you had to drain and pull the inside condenser to do it.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:58 AM
cbrow11

Originally Posted by RedStrapperRacing
I have a 2004 Dodge 2500 Diesel, 5.9, 4x4, 6 speed manual with 114k miles on it.
When I turn on the A/C it only blows cold air out on the driver's side? The passenger side just blows warm air. - I suspect this is not a problem with my A/C system itself but with the vents / duct work?
Anyone have this happen to them or see it - how do I fix this?
get your air bag recall done by a dealer and they can replace the cracked rubber hose that controls the ducting valves that turn off the heat on passenger side.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:02 AM
cbrow11

just got this fixed when airbag recall was performed at no cost. rubber hose controlling air to duct panels was cracked and replaced by dealer at same time at no cost.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:06 AM
cbrow11

a/c is okay its a cracked rubber hose to duct control

Quick Reply: A/C only works on one side???