Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel pressure gauge for CTD

Old 05-04-2005, 06:13 PM
capnp72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure gauge for CTD

I asked my dealer about installation of boost, pyro and fuel press gauges for my '05 CTD. They said they won't install a mechanical fuel press gauge because of the line going into the cab. I've only found one electrical fuel press gauge, a westach. I don't like the look of the westach and was wonder if anyone else had a mechanical fuel pressure gauge. Are they safe to install? The Dipricol that I want has an isolator. How long do gauges take to install?

Old 05-04-2005, 07:36 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Fuel pressure gauge for CTD

Isn't there a LCD gauge that is built into a brake controller that has all of those that you listed? I remember seeing something like that, I'll see if I can find it again.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have one on mine. but they cant be too hard to install.

Check these people out and if you have any questions give them a call, VERY knowledgable and can answer just about every queston you throw at them. I get my oil and fuel filters from them. cheaper than going to the Cummins store near me

BTW, correct me if wrong, but I think with 05 the lifter pump was swaped out for an in tank pusher pump. in tank pumps are more reliable than the old lift pumps and last alot longer.

I put in my boost / EGT gage myself, only had to drill one hole. it's not hard to do if your slightly mechanicaly inclined.

Old 05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
capnp72

No one else has a fuel pressure gauge??? I don't want digital nor am I gonna be putting any "boxes" on my truck.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your leaving your truck stock then theres not much of a reason to have one. the CP3 injector pump can live with low flow from the lifer pump. the only thing you'll notice is a decrease in power when you get on it when the lifter pump dies.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pressure gauge for CTD