Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

leveling kit for a 03 2WD quad, dulley

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:15 AM
shortyR6
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leveling kit for a 03 2WD quad, dulley

does anyone know who makes a leveling kit for a 03 Ram 2WD, quad dulley?

my truck sits lower in the front and i would like to raise it up to sit more level, but all the kits i have researched are for 4WD.

has anyone done this before?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Waxman

Not trying to be a smart a.. with this but I would just call Tough Country and ask them directly, or which ever company has a product you like and ask.

Hope it's OK but here's a link for Tough Country contact info.

http://www.tuffcountry.com/customer-...ontact-us.html

I would think the towers are the same as the 4x4's and would use the same insert but don't have any information to support that thought. I've been pleased with my Tough Country Lift which replaced my leveling kit. If you need measurements or pictures let me know I still have these levelers sitting in the garage.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
shortyR6
Professional

Originally Posted by Waxman
Not trying to be a smart a.. with this but I would just call Tough Country and ask them directly, or which ever company has a product you like and ask.

Hope it's OK but here's a link for Tough Country contact info.

http://www.tuffcountry.com/customer-...ontact-us.html

I would think the towers are the same as the 4x4's and would use the same insert but don't have any information to support that thought. I've been pleased with my Tough Country Lift which replaced my leveling kit. If you need measurements or pictures let me know I still have these levelers sitting in the garage.
i have contacted several companies only to be told they did not make any, so its a lot easier to come on a forum that specializes in these trucks to get a better answer than you would from any company or dealer.

thanks for the link, but i have already viewed their webiste and contacted them. no luck.

I found one yesterday, from daystar, its a 1.5 in leveling kit. but i dont know anything about daystar, whether its a good product or to stay away.

its my first truck, so its also my first time dealing with truck issues and aftermarket accessories.

so any help aside from just saying contact a company is helpful.

thanks.

Last edited by shortyR6; 02-01-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Waxman

Sorry....as I said wasn't trying to be a jerk with the contact company answer. You also failed to mention/state/note that you HAD contacted an/or any manufacturer. Pretty vague post so again I apologize for the answer.

Guess you might not like this answer either and or have already researched this option....don't know...... You might be able to cross reference stock part numbers and see if they're the same between the 2WD and 4WD vehicles for the shock towers.

I will tell you that if you put a leveler in you will need to move your brake line to create more slack.....shouldn't have to replace it with a longer one. You will need to replace your front shocks with ones that have a longer shaft to accommodate the additional space you're adding. (Had to do this on my truck)

As for additional help with your problem.......I did find this last night which seems to fit both the 4WD and 2WD trucks.

http://www.suspensionmaxx.com/dodge-...ront-2003-2008

Also found this site which has a number of different brands and sizes.....one is the Daystar brand you mention. (Don't know if you found this site or not...)

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/dodge_leveling_kit.htm

Hope this helps and that your day gets better........good luck!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 AM
shortyR6
Professional

Originally Posted by Waxman
Sorry....as I said wasn't trying to be a jerk with the contact company answer. You also failed to mention/state/note that you HAD contacted an/or any manufacturer. Pretty vague post so again I apologize for the answer.

Guess you might not like this answer either and or have already researched this option....don't know...... You might be able to cross reference stock part numbers and see if they're the same between the 2WD and 4WD vehicles for the shock towers.

I will tell you that if you put a leveler in you will need to move your brake line to create more slack.....shouldn't have to replace it with a longer one. You will need to replace your front shocks with ones that have a longer shaft to accommodate the additional space you're adding. (Had to do this on my truck)

As for additional help with your problem.......I did find this last night which seems to fit both the 4WD and 2WD trucks.

http://www.suspensionmaxx.com/dodge-...ront-2003-2008

Also found this site which has a number of different brands and sizes.....one is the Daystar brand you mention. (Don't know if you found this site or not...)

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/dodge_leveling_kit.htm

Hope this helps and that your day gets better........good luck!
no worries brotha, i am not frusterated with you, just frusterated with looking and not finding much.

it looks like my best bet at the moment is the daystar 1.5 in spacer. it is inexpensive and does not require any longer shock.

for $39, i can give it a shot and see if i like it, if not i am not out much money.

i dont know anything about daystar products or quality, but i have seen them a bunch in the 4x4 aftermarket websites, so they dont look like a fly-by-night company.

thanks again for the help, i will order the 1.5" and put them in with the ball joints.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 AM
shortyR6
Professional

BINGO!!!

found exactly what i was looking for, and the price is just right.

fits a 2WD 3500.
2" leveling kit with shocks for $150.

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/_dodg...011-p1740.aspx

$250 OTD for leveling kit and upgraded shocks all the way around. this makes me happy!

Last edited by shortyR6; 02-02-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Waxman

Interesting the spacer is made from polyurethane.

Glad you found what you were looking for and hope your install goes well. I'm replacing my ball joints this week too.

Quick Reply: leveling kit for a 03 2WD quad, dulley