Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2012 Ram 3500 Check Engine Light ON

Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 PM
mmoak444
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Ram 3500 Check Engine Light ON

I have a 2012 Ram 3500 Diesel Automatic.
The truck almost has 10,000 miles on it. All of a sudden, the check engine light comes on. It's not flashing and hasn't gone off and come back on or anything, it just stays on ON. This started today, but everywhere I call says there will be at least a weeks wait to get it in. Also, I'm in Utah, driving back to Michigan.
Does anyone have any ideas as to why the check engine light would come on? Is it safe to drive all the way home?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:52 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mmoak444
I have a 2012 Ram 3500 Diesel Automatic.
The truck almost has 10,000 miles on it. All of a sudden, the check engine light comes on. It's not flashing and hasn't gone off and come back on or anything, it just stays on ON. This started today, but everywhere I call says there will be at least a weeks wait to get it in. Also, I'm in Utah, driving back to Michigan.
Does anyone have any ideas as to why the check engine light would come on? Is it safe to drive all the way home?
MMoak,

Can you post up the code that would be stored from the engine light being on? Any auto parts store could hook up a reader and tell you that info. Once we know that we can look up what may be the problem and better answer your questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Ram 3500 Check Engine Light ON