Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

tranny warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 PM
dasnake
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny warning

'07 ram, 3500 dually, 5.9, what temp is the tranny warning light set for, mine went off for the first time hunting two weeks ago, my tranny temp gauge said 210 degrees any idea what the factory setting is, thanks.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea, but 210 is getting up there for the trans. If you're seeing those temps regularly, you may want to consider adding an electric fan to your trans cooler, or figure out why it's running so hot.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:26 PM
dasnake
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for the reply

hey horatio, i know what caused it, i was grinding a wild steep grade with my 10' camper and pulling my snowbear trailer with quad and gear. i was in 4x4 low and this is the first time the dash light ever came on, the temp was there for only a few minutes because we got to the top and the coolers all started to cool as per. i have all the gauges to know where i'm at but this one thru me, i figure 210 is kinda low for an idiot light, but i would'nt want it there long for any tranny damage, take care.

Quick Reply: tranny warning