Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7L update questions

Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Mr. Beefy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.7L update questions

I'm looking to order some performance adders to my 07.5 2500 diesel

I'm honestly not after a hot rod I just want this fuking truck actually run correctly.

I live in northern Michigan and I use the truck pretty hard towing lots and plowing lots. Due to the plowing I'm plugging up the DPF frequently.

I'm looking at ordering the
h&s mini maxx
Farmboy's 5" turbo back with muffler
AFE stage 2 intake

I'm new to the CTD world how does my idea look? I'm not doing EFI live I want to reach up to the dash and go from stock to tow, to stage 5 go like hell.

Thanks for your help.

- Brian

Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Mr. Beefy
Rookie

Well ordered and installed the Mini Maxx, the Exhaust waiting on the EGR Delete.

Looks like I'm going to wait on the intake

Old 12-17-2012, 09:23 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S&B is the way I'd go on the intake. 5" is bigger than you need, but it's already done so oh well. EGR delete should be high on the list. At around 500hp you'll start sucking the stock filter up into the tube. I've seen it myself on a 5.9. I had an S&B intake on my 08.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Mr. Beefy
Rookie

I might get an intake this summer but for now I've sunk enough cash into it.

I cant believe how much **** was on that stock exhaust.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:38 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you kept the stock exhaust, it'll cost you about $7k to replace it if you ever have to.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Mr. Beefy
Rookie

I have all of it but I did cut the downpipe nothing major I could use my 5" if I had to and graft it to the stock S*it.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:06 AM
BB_cuda

Sorry, I know this thread is super old. Mr. Beefy, when you cut the downpipe did you save the DOC (diesel oxidative catalyst) that was in the pipe? I would like to buy a DOC from one of you guys that comes in that OEM downpipe. I'm not a cummins owner but do run diesel. My car has stink and trying to clean it up.

On a different tangent, if no one here wants to sell me this part, do you know where i could seek used 6.7L OEM downpipe?

Here is my story. I run a BMW 335D dpf delete (which means i lost the DOC within the DPF cannister). I'm looking at other mods down the road that will open up rest of exhaust downstream of where the DPF used to be. Loss of back pressure actually spells trouble for my 2 turbo system. It will overboost if too little back pressure unless other mods are performed (like opening up big turbo's wastegate to larger diameter). This is a little 3L small turbo/big turbo straight 6. Pretty good power considering small displacement. But the smell is pretty damn bad. Going back with a DOC will only add back a small amount of back pressure. Thanks for your consideration.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.7L update questions