Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > Dodge/Ram Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Dodge/Ram Diesel Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2007 2500 tranny fluid leaking?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 AM

Default 2007 2500 tranny fluid leaking?

I have just buy a 2007 dodge 2500 with a 5.9 L cumming. I have notice a few things with it. I am notice at 60 km to 85 km, it seem too have a shuttering and clears up at 90 km. It seem to be leaking above tranny filter pan? So would it be worth replacing the gaskets and would there be any other tranny problems because of this shuttering, because of the speeds between 60 -85 shuttering, it also clear up when you back off the gas too..
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:37 AM

Okay.. Well I think i have my issues close know what is wrong.. I am in good shape with the 48RE H.D. Overdrive Housing there is no crack on it. Did some better looking and it seem like the gasket on the transmission is where the problem is coming from.. it looks like the gasket is ripped and it come up the bolt where the threads are and force fluid up and out the top. But I am going too wait till next weekend when I get paid too rip this part.. Awaiting Paid day!.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:43 PM

Well I did some inspecting today.. It the OverDrive House doesn't seem too be cracked! So when I removed the bottom bolt where area that the leak was coming from. and it just tranny fluid just came pouring out. So I Just did used some black gasket sealer filled the bolt with it. I have to wait for it too set. X Fingers!! Other wise I am going too be order a http://napc.ca/automatic-standard-tr...s#48re-upgrade ... They Gave me a good price and will give me a 100,000 Km warranty after it has been replaced. It will cost with a Stock 48RE 4wd with upgraded single billet torque converter, and 48RE H.D. Overdrive Housing $6,000 to $7,500 cdn installed.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:45 PM

I am hoping this cheap fix can last me a few months.. So I can get my bills down and get some extra cash coming in.. I hope it will last till feb.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Champion

Vehicle: 98 12v, my 9th MOPAR

What?! You pulled one of the extension housing bolts out and filled it with silicone? Hopefully you don't screw your whole transmission up. Those aren't blind bolts, they go into the housing.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:10 PM

I filled the treading of the bolt. But it didn't help. I am getting a new tranny and overdrive housing in spring..
Old 12-24-2013, 02:10 PM