Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Help with DTC code P2470 Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit low bank 1 sensor 4

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Capt T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with DTC code P2470 Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit low bank 1 sensor 4

My engine light stays on and when scanned I get code P2470 Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit low bank 1 sensor 4. I have a 2011 Ram 2500 with the Cummins Diesel. I had an accident off road and had to replace the radiator, inter cooler and a/c condenser. Did all that and the truck runs great but now the mil is on with the ETC code listed above. Anyone have any ideas on why this is what it is? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Captain T
Capt-tef@msn.com

Old 10-03-2014, 08:57 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

Still should be under warranty. Let the dealer fix it.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:18 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt T
My engine light stays on and when scanned I get code P2470 Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit low bank 1 sensor 4. I have a 2011 Ram 2500 with the Cummins Diesel. I had an accident off road and had to replace the radiator, inter cooler and a/c condenser. Did all that and the truck runs great but now the mil is on with the ETC code listed above. Anyone have any ideas on why this is what it is? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Captain T
Capt-tef@msn.com
Per the Service Manual, there are several possible causes. I would agree with P38251, to have the dealer inspect and diagnose. They can go through the specific diagnostic procedure to pinpoint this issue.
Possible Causes
(K384) EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE 1/4 SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
(K384) EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE 1/4 SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE 1/4 SENSOR
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Old 10-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Capt T
Default Location of the sensor?

Thanks Regina,

Is it possible a wire was loosened,broken or knocked off while taking the truck off road? Where is this sensor located ? I'd like to take a look to make sure it isn't something that simple before taking it to the dealer.
Thanks again,
Captain T

Old 10-08-2014, 03:58 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Thanks Regina,

Is it possible a wire was loosened,broken or knocked off while taking the truck off road? Where is this sensor located ? I'd like to take a look to make sure it isn't something that simple before taking it to the dealer.
Thanks again,
Captain T
Here is the picture from the Service Manual. You will need the wiring diagram to see the circuit.

INSTALLATION

1. Install the exhaust temperature sensor (2). Tighten sensor to 30 N·m (22 ft. lbs.).
  2. Connect exhaust temperature sensor wire harness connector (1).
  3. Remove support and lower the vehicle.
  4. Connect both of the negative battery cables.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Capt T

Regina,

Thank you so much. The information and diagram went way above and beyond the call. I checked the sensor out, thanks to your diagram and it is intact with out any fray or disconnect in the wiring harness.
Thanks again you are the greatest! That's why I have owned nothing but Chrysler products since my first truck and can. Total so far 24 vehicles, including my current truck and a new 300 S I bought a few weeks back. Nothing but "Mopar" for me & because of this, your above and beyond help, it will continue to be everything Mopar in the future.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Capt T

PS I will be making a trip to the dealer for follow-up on this issue.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:05 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

PS I will be making a trip to the dealer for follow-up on this issue.
Thank you. Please let us know what the dealer diagnoses.

Quick Reply: Help with DTC code P2470 Exhaust gas temp sensor circuit low bank 1 sensor 4