Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

1999 CTD shocks & starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 06:47 AM
NJ Diesel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 CTD shocks & starter

I have a 99 2500 CTD. Based on the recommendation of a friend, I put Rancho shocks on and ever since it rides like (you know what). I don't off road, rarely tow, haul sand or topsoil maybe once a year. I have the helper springs (tow package) set-up in the back, other than that all stock. I'm wanting to ditch these Ranchos and go back to a OEM type shock for a better (softer) ride. Any recommendations, Monroe, etc. I usually deal with Advanced Auto Parts or AutoZone.

Secondly a co-worker gave me a new "World Class remanufactured" #17244 73 starter that was in a big box of stuff included in a Dodge CTD he bought. He wants know what it's worth.
I won't keep it cause if I have a problem, I'll go new, but I'm trying to help him move this.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:19 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've heard Bilsteins are one of the best you can put on these trucks. Tho be aware that it will never ride soft until these shocks wear out. Mine doesnt ride all that great but honestly its a 3/4 ton truck meant for hauling not a car ride feeling.

The starter is an ebay starter for like 100.00 or so it doesnt have much value. Honestly these trucks are very hard on new and remanned starters. They just arent built as HD as they used to be. You are better getting your oem rebuilt if you still have it. Larry B rebuild kit is the way to go. It will run you under 70.00 and is well worth it!

Quick Reply: 1999 CTD shocks & starter