Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Transmission overhaul

Old 05-07-2015, 09:32 AM
HSTEX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission overhaul

What cost should it be to get a 2007 3500 Dodge cummins diesel transmission COMPLETLY overhauled including coolers. It is a four wheel drive automatic transmission. Thanks!

Old 05-07-2015, 08:06 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With stock transmission or upgraded?

My transmission was rebuilt about 3 years ago and I put in $3500 in just parts. I did the work myself. Many internal parts were upgraded. I know you can get a stock transmission rebuilt for around 3k plus labor to remove and reinstall.

I just put in new coolers (both the one in front and the one on the side of the engine) and lines a couple of months ago. That bill was about $900 in just parts.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:59 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what you want done. I put about a thousand bucks into mine, just went with upgraded clutches and the upgraded transducer. I'm pretty sure the check ball in my cooler line plugged up and took out my OD clutches. I had previously put about a thousand into a billet converter and upgraded clutches in the rest of the trans, plus shift kit and billet accumulator piston.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission overhaul