Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Short bed TRADE & CONVERSION questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 03:51 PM
AKAustria
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Short bed TRADE & CONVERSION questions

Hi everybody!

I am new here and in the process of transitioning from my 1995 Toyota Pickup to my 2008 Dodge 2500 (6.7l, regular cab, manual transmission, 4WD, 8' bed).

Here is what I am about to do!

I will have it converted to a short bed before I take it home to AK. And 'yes', I know - there will be plenty here telling me it's a bad idea - that's ok.
I have done over a month of pretty thorough research on that topic and understand the pro's & con's.

BUT! It is worth it to me and I think it's going to be a pretty cool truck, and from what it looks like, rather rare, nicer to park and if I really need to, I will just hook up a trailer.

First question:
Does someone have a short bed he/she would like to trade it against my long bed or sell me his/hers? The bed of my truck is in excellent condition, no dings or dents, no corrosion - silver, original paint.

Second question:
Of those who have done the conversion - Are there any alternatives to the small fuel tank (26gal) from a 1500 regular cab, short box versus the original 35gal fuel tank I have currently installed?
I haven't been able to come up with a definite solution/answer so far through the use of search engines and forums.

Third (and last) question:
Does anyone have come across the BPI Fab custom bumper?
Their website isn't very informative and there is very little talk about it online.
Any experience somebody is willing to share?
Dodge | BPIfab.com

As far as trading a bed - My route is going to take me from Las Vegas to Sacramento to Portland and Vancouver, BC as the destination for the swap.
It's done by a professional shop who do this kind of work on frames daily.

I don't car about the color obviously but would prefer it to be free of corrosion and dents.

I know there is at least one member here who has done exactly the same thing, but my message to him is still unanswered to this point.

Oh - before I forget - My road trip is beginning on Wednesday the 18th of November.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the long post...

Quick Reply: Short bed TRADE & CONVERSION questions