Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Air flow gone

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:09 PM
larisansmith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air flow gone

I have a '13 Dodge Ram 2500. My AC is not working all of the sudden, yet my climate control functions and displays are acting normal. There is no air flow at all from any of my vents though. I tried to locate where the fuses would be to check if it was a fuse problem, but I am lost. help!

Old 03-22-2017, 02:39 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

confirm that the blower motor is working. Can you hear it spinning? drop the blower motor down, hold it from the back and turn it on to confirm its spinning fast. if its working, check the cabin filter if you have one

I am doing a 2012 ram 5500 cummins right now for a low air flow complaint. a cabin filter was put in at some point of its life...to late however, the evaporator is clogged with dirt.

if the evaporator leaks, the oil will attract dirt. this will accumulate until no air can flow through the evaporator. All air through the hvac system must pass through the evaporator.

When i had the blower motor out i put a video scope in the hvac case to inspect the heater core and evaporator.

I am in the process of changing the evap, heater cores and installing a new cabin filter.

Last edited by primem; 03-22-2017 at 02:42 PM.