Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Airaid Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 04:28 PM
xringarchery
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airaid Intake?

I just installed the Airaid Jr. intake which consists of a new air cleaner that fits into the existing factory air box and a replacement MIT which replaces the factory MIT which looks to be somewhat restrictive because of the design. I believe the factory MIT is designed to reduce noise by placing baffels inside the tube.

Anyway when I removed the factory MIT I notice that by the turbo 90 degree bend which enters the turbo there are a few fins to help direct the air flow. I was wondering if anybody removed them or if they are even removable and if there is any reason to remove them. eg. better air flow or not?

Thanks,
Mark

Old 11-20-2005, 03:40 PM
donnie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airaid Intake?

I installed the same filter as you and left the fins in.
There are some that have removed them.
Im happy with the performance.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airaid Intake?

I pulled everything out includeing the silencer ring

at 15 pounds of boost it sounds like a jet takeing off over that it gets insanely loud and I like it[8D]

edit: I'm still running the stock intake minus the direction fins and the baffel. when I change out my air filter next I'm going to get a BHAF and mount it right to the turbo

Quick Reply: Airaid Intake?