Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Lift pump going out

Old 03-11-2006, 02:28 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift pump going out

Need advice on aftermarket lift pump. Would like to go to bigger injectors sometime in the future along with a turbo. Any recommendations? Have an 02 24v.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:53 AM
byrdman64
Default RE: Lift pump going out

ohhhhh yeah!
i called the guys at http//:kensperformancesolutions.com they quoted me the FASS 1 with bypass filter system for $589.00 and the Fass 2 pump without the bypass system $359.00. i am ordering the fass 2 because i dont want to bypass my fuel heater and factory equipment and sensors [water in fuel, low fuel, ect].
they have a adaptor plate and everything to keep all your factory set up for the fass 1 but i saw no need for it.
good luck keeeep on truck'n!

Old 03-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the FASS there are two different pumps themselves. the 95gph, or the 150gph.

depending on how much more you are looking for the 95 would be enough, but the 150 is the same price adn would give you room to grow.

now you can go with a holley pump, but they are more built for gas engines where the FASS is built just for flowing diesel.

Old 03-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Possum1
Rookie

there are basicly 3 type's of pumps for these trucks the factorys being carter style pumps(with the exception of the in tank pumps) some companys have kits to add a secondary pump to aid the factory pump, bd deisel adds a second carter pump, bullydog puts a holley black pump as a secondary but either way u need a good factory plus the secondary, that said then you have the billet pumps like the airdog or fass pumps they dont need a secondary and the fass with the filter kit has a fuel heater in it 1 filter is a fuel water sepeater and has better main filter than the factory uses without airatting the fuel that can happen with the factory pump as well when the fass system put in u only have to change the filters every other oilchange and u take the factory fuel filter and pump out so it cleans up the eingine bay so when u put new parts on or servise or one day when u have to work on the truck(if that ever happens) be less in the way to hit your nuckles on and for price say 250 for new factory lift pump 250 for secondary or 600 for full aftermarket that cleans up under hood and filters better all three systems will support all the power u want to put out 600+hp the choice is yours just putting the options out there with what the diffreces are hope i didt confuse u or miss anything

Old 03-13-2006, 06:52 PM
steved
Rookie

Actually you have several options...

The FASS, Airdog, and RASP are actual kits for upgrading over the stock LP...the BD (another OEM type pump) and bullydog (a gasser pump) kits I do not consider upgrades, but band-aids.

The FASS and Airdog are very similar (one's the father's company, the other is the son's company). Both are electric pump with filters...I personally went with the FASS because of price, following of buyers, and filter selection.

The FASS II is just a FASS pump, without filters...and after seeing the crap my FASS catches, I wouldn't trust the factory filter with the FASS II pushing.

And as for the heater, I have ran in -20* weather with no fuel heater...think about it...if it is that cold, it will gel in the lines from the tank (way before it reaches your heater)...I simply run fuel antigel at every tank.

The RASP is a mechanical pump that is mounted under the front of the oil pan...it is by far the most complex and still relies on the OEM pump to start.

steved

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift pump going out