Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Your opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Belldar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion please

I Just purchased a new 06 quad cab long box with a cummins. I have used them B4 for work and liked it. Also everyone i know who as one has liked it. So far it is showing i am getting 17.5 MPG and it only has 360 miles on it. Grantit you guys stated somewhere that you really can't go by the computer. Still it is doing better then my old 7.3 powerstroke.
I just wanted to get some of your opinions on my future plans for the truck. I am planning on putting and MBRP 5inch turbo back exhaust in it. An ATS intake and was debating on spening the money on a AFE cold air system. Id like to stick with just the exhaust and intake. That should keep me under $1,000. I will be pulling about 10,000 pounds with the truck and it will be used as a daily driver and hunting rig (fuel prices pending). Also what would be the best leaveling kit? I looked at a heavy duty 2in from hell bent steel. The thing is though when hauling will the back then be lower then the front? MAybe a 1.5 inch leavel would be bette? Other then that i will for out some cash for some nice sportsmans camo seat covers and nice floor mats. Right now i am trying to keep the RPMS below 2300 untill over 500 miles like i read. Is this still a good idea? Thanks talk to ya later.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:16 PM
usafr
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your opinion please

Belldar,, I just put the same Hell Bent Steel kit on my truck, (06, quad cab, 4x4, CTD---Bully Dog, K&N intake, Aero Turbine exhaust and tip) I like it alot,, looks great. On a flat surface the truck sits perfectly level. If you get it, shop for it on e-bay, you'll save a bout $35-45 as opposed to buying it straight from the website (either way you'll get a brand new product shipped from the manu.)

Quick Reply: Your opinion please