Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

NAPA fuel filters..any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:07 PM
TurboLion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAPA fuel filters..any good ?

NAPA sells the fuel filters for $23.51 ..for a '94 CTD..I heard about fram oil filters being bad..I've have good luck with other parts from napa....but again..some of us newbies seek advice from all you "Pro's" who have "Been there and Done that"..lol ..dealer wants about $31.00. I need to keep a couple filters in the truck as I travel this winter..thanks in advance..TL
love the diesel power..where have I been all these years with out one !!!!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:10 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: NAPA fuel filters..any good ?

I liked napa fuel filters, they seem to be built even better than the fleetguard ones. I'll run either (usually run fleetgaurd cause I get a discount) but the napa definatly looks better built.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$13.95 at Geno's Garage

Old 12-12-2006, 10:25 PM
obert

NAPA fiters are made by Wix, now a part of a company called Affinia. All good to me, had great luck with them. They even have the same part numbers for the most part. Your Wix 51607 is a Napa 1607.

Buy them in bulk at FleetFilter.com . Shipping is kinda high (was like $13 ), so order several filters, even a case. I got a years worth for the truck and van. $10.19 for your fuel, 3.96 for the oil filt. They use wix #'s, have napa filters.

Gono's has some good deals on filter kits as well, and you need to get on their site anyway. They have LOTS of goodies that you want to buy.

And definatly stay away from fram. It MIGHT work on the 12valve ok but DONT take the chance. I diviated from the wix once, and only once. Long story short my truck was gone for 2 weeks and I damn near had to buy a $8500 (?) short block job. Probly one of the last ones to scoot in under warranty. 1000 miles even and I was on the side of I-71 with holes in 4 pistons......

Old 12-14-2006, 10:54 PM
bekim
Professional

obert's right! Fleetfilter is the cheapest for filters, from stock to BHAF size. THE cheapest!
Mike
###

Quick Reply: NAPA fuel filters..any good ?