Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

'06 Heater vent broke

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 03:29 PM
spfd308
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Heater vent broke

So yesterday morning i fire up the truck and put it to the defrost. let her warm up and little and then switch it the floor. there's a loud clunk on the passenger side by the fan and then this loud howling sound from the heater fan. Control no longer works won't go to defrost, floor or anything. took it into the dealer and they said some directional flap in there broke. they had the piece and told me about 4 to 5 hours to get it fixed. found it amusing that they had the part i needed to fix the problem since you wouldn't think that would be a part that would break often. anyone else with an '06 have a similar problem?

Old 01-25-2007, 04:00 PM
chukar
Rookie
Default RE: '06 Heater vent broke

Mine hasn't broke, or that I know of since it still directs air flow to vaious spots, but it has clunked a few times.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:31 PM
PRam
Professional

I think this has been an ongoing issue, a buddy of mine ask if I had mine changed already like he did, and his is a 2002, 1500

Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 PM
trbodiesel

mine broke a month ago.. had it replaced by dealer under warranty.. took several hours because the dash has to come out to get to it.. i took the glove box out and reached in with my hands to prop up the flapper so i could have some heat until they could get to it.. the dealer said it is a known problem.. the old part wasnt built with a motor stop and the motor just kept torguing until it broke..the new ones have been corrected..but that is why they have them in stock because so many come back

Quick Reply: '06 Heater vent broke