Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

SRT-10 Ram body kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:27 AM
fo8wj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-10 Ram body kit

Hey,
Dose anyone know if it is possible to get a body kit for an '06 dodge ram 1500 so that looks like the SRT-10 model?

Thanks guys,
Ian

Old 10-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Midnight Runner
Champion
Default RE: SRT-10 Ram body kit

When i go to buy things for my SRT-10 at the dealership, they make me give them my
serial # of the truck. The dealership tells my they don't sell SRT-10 parts unless you have
that serial #.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM
2006RamCrazy
Professional

ORIGINAL: Midnight Runner

When i go to buy things for my SRT-10 at the dealership, they make me give them my
serial # of the truck. The dealership tells my they don't sell SRT-10 parts unless you have
that serial #.
Not up here in the Orlando area...... They will sell you whatever you want regardless if you have theSRT or not.... Tell them what you want...theyorder it....

Old 11-23-2007, 11:39 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The way it was explained to me is the parts are listed differently in the computer now. They can not just lookup a "radiator". They need the VIN to be able to see what exact parts are on the truck.

With that said a good parts manager, who wants to give customer service, would know how to get around this.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:54 PM
2006RamCrazy
Professional

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

The way it was explained to me is the parts are listed differently in the computer now. They can not just lookup a "radiator". They need the VIN to be able to see what exact parts are on the truck.

With that said a good parts manager, who wants to give customer service, would know how to get around this.
Well, yes and no....

Dealer parts departments have several differant methods of being able to look up parts.... but they primarily use the Electronic "Replacement parts catalog" or the electronic "Body Part replacement catalog..... The easiest way to find a certain part is by VIN, but you can also do by yr make and model..... The catalog at this link is almost identical to what the dealers use..... http://www.newdodgeparts.com/dodge-parts.htm

but yesthe VIN is one option they have..... If a dealer refuses to sell me a SRT-10 wheel just because I don't have an actual SRT-10....well they are just plainly screwing themselves out of easy profits as there are hundreds of other dealers who wouldn't bat an eye to sell me that same SRT wheel.....

interesting topic here.... never heard of a dealer not wanting to sell parts lol

Happy Holidays!
J

Old 12-07-2009, 10:10 PM
rydesolow
Veteran

You can get every part to convert a regular ram into a SRT-10, including front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, spoiler(eew.. if you want it), SRT10 emblems, "powered by viper" hood emblem, srt10 viper ram hood, even the exact rims, calipers, rotors, etc, through eBay by doing a search for the part. I have put it all together myself with no problem. Best of luck. PS: If you are trying to convert, you will have to get your exhaust custom made out the rear right of the new bumper, it has a spot for it to exit. But this job would cost under 200 at any decent muffler shop, as it's a small easy modification from stock escape point.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:54 PM
QUICK_SILVER
Veteran

There are a couple of sites dedicated to just this request..

Quick

Quick Reply: SRT-10 Ram body kit