Dodge Ram SRT-10 The best claim to fame. the world's fastest production pick up, the Dodge Ram SRT-10. With outstanding Viper inspired styling, power and handling, this sport pick up will blow the doors off anything that gets in it's way.

HELP!!!!!RamSRT10-Stalling, cutting out when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Phil20050
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP!!!!!RamSRT10-Stalling, cutting out when accelerating

Hey, I am the proud owner of a 2004 Ram SRT-10. I love the truck but am having a weird frustrating/scary problem with it. When i lightly or heavily accelerate the truck, it cuts out, kinda stalls out for like a second then picks up again, then cuts out again with the occaisional light backfire. On the ceiling inside the truck, the DTE(distance till empty) digital guage will display only the middle horizontal line of an 8 ex:"-". Also, my gas guage will drop to empty and the speedometer drops 20 mph when it does this cutting out/stalling thing then it will resume to the speed i was going. The most obvious was the DTE guage suddenly displaying a line(-) when it cuts out, then it will resume displaying the DTE ex.176kms... Then it finally stalled out completely on me in the middle of traffic. I pushed into a parking lot and tried to restart but upon pushing the start button, nothing happens. The engine wont even turn over, the starter doesnt even make a noise, th DTE continues to display the line ("-") and my gas guage reads empty. So i let it sit overnight in that parking lot. The next morning I got in the truck and pressed the button and she started up but after driving 5 mins it started cutting out and wanting to stall again!!!! This problem is really pissing me off!!!! PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS STUPID PROBLEM!!!
Thanks in advance guys!!!
Phil

Old 04-26-2011, 02:04 AM
Phil20050
Default By the way

Oh and by the way, my 2004 SRT only has 15,000 miles on it, yes miles not kms... I live in Canada, it was brought in from Florida.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil20050
Hey, I am the proud owner of a 2004 Ram SRT-10. I love the truck but am having a weird frustrating/scary problem with it. When i lightly or heavily accelerate the truck, it cuts out, kinda stalls out for like a second then picks up again, then cuts out again with the occaisional light backfire. On the ceiling inside the truck, the DTE(distance till empty) digital guage will display only the middle horizontal line of an 8 ex:"-". Also, my gas guage will drop to empty and the speedometer drops 20 mph when it does this cutting out/stalling thing then it will resume to the speed i was going. The most obvious was the DTE guage suddenly displaying a line(-) when it cuts out, then it will resume displaying the DTE ex.176kms... Then it finally stalled out completely on me in the middle of traffic. I pushed into a parking lot and tried to restart but upon pushing the start button, nothing happens. The engine wont even turn over, the starter doesnt even make a noise, th DTE continues to display the line ("-") and my gas guage reads empty. So i let it sit overnight in that parking lot. The next morning I got in the truck and pressed the button and she started up but after driving 5 mins it started cutting out and wanting to stall again!!!! This problem is really pissing me off!!!! PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS STUPID PROBLEM!!!
Thanks in advance guys!!!
Phil

Not that this is much help but I bet the pcm. It could easily do all of those things. Any modifications? Vec, pcm flash, sct?

Last edited by CarGuyOhio; 05-08-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 AM
hucksrt10

i have the same problem! keep the gas tank full! it is probably closer to empty when you feel the stall. i have a new pump and sending unit on order from dodge .
Part Number for the unit is P/N 5134555AA they show no stock anywhere in Canada but say 3-5 business days ! we will see....

Old 08-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Phil20050
Default Problem solved!!!

hey i found the problem for the stalling/cutting out.... if youre experiencing the same exact symptoms as i described in my earlier thread where i described the problems and symptoms, the problem is/was clogged catalytic converters!!!! change your CATS!!! and all will be well!!!
youre welcome,
FASTPHIL!!

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!RamSRT10-Stalling, cutting out when accelerating